How do I get my fundraising page?
Your personal fundraising page is automatically created once you finalise the sign-up process. You have the opportunity to 'kick-start' your fundraising by making a donation to yourself and can then personalise your page by adding a photo and updating your blog.
Where does the donation go?
The donation could be used to restore someone’s sight in 25 countries The Fred Hollows Foundation serves, but it may also go towards a range of other program activities like training surgeons or eye health workers. These health professionals will then go on to help thousands of people in their community. All of the work we do, aims to build capacity in developing countries to create sustainable public eye health systems.
How do I start my fundraising?
After completing your sign-up, a personal online fundraising page will be set up. This is your own web-page where you can ask friends, family and colleagues to make a secure online donation towards your fundraising goal, paying with their credit card or via PayPal. They will be emailed a tax receipt immediately after donating.
Your fundraising target is displayed on your page, so everyone can see how close you are to reaching your personal goal.
How do I personalise my fundraising page?
Log-in to your account – click on the orange login button at the top of the page. Using the email address and password chosen during set-up, you will be directed to your personal page. If you forget your password, it can be re-set by clicking on the ‘Forgot your password?’ link.
To personalise your page:
- Upload a photo of yourself
- Add a compelling reason why you are supporting The Fred Hollows Foundation. If people know a bit about you and the reason for your campaign, they are more likely to support you.
- Set your fundraising target. HK$1,500 is the default target amount, helping The Foundation restore sight for up to ten people. You can change this to any amount that you wish to aim for. Don’t worry if you don’t reach your goal - every single dollar makes a difference.
- Regularly update your blog with text and photos from your latest fundraising event or other activities.
- Send emails to all your friends, family and colleagues, asking them to sponsor you and helping you reach your goal.
- Don’t forget to thank your sponsors.
What is the best way to get people to sponsor me?
The easiest way to find sponsors is by sharing your your fundraising page link via email, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Keep the message simple and send a direct link to your fundraising page.
We suggest forwarding the email to your entire network of contacts. You may be surprised by who supports your efforts with a generous donation.
If you have any problems, please don't hesitate to contact us for assistance.
Are donations tax deductible?
The Fred Hollows Foundation (HK) Limited is a registered charity in Hong Kong SAR. For Hong Kong SAR residents, donations of HK$100 or above are tax deductible.
I am hosting an event – can The Foundation help?
Hosting an event is a great way to raise money, and we are here to help!
- Send a personalised Letter of Authority to fundraise.
- Send newsletters and cardboard 'cataract simulation' spectacles.
- Send links to short video clips.
- Provide a guest speaker for large events (100+ guests).
Just call +852 3614 6240 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or questions.
What should I do with a cash or a cheque donation?
If you are given cash donations, you can deposit the donation to our account at HSBC 848-423240-001. To obtain an official receipt for your donors, please email the bank transfer receipt together with the donor’s name and the name of your fundraising event to email@example.com
Did your donor give you a cheque? Make sure the cheque is payable to 'The Fred Hollows Foundation (HK) Limited' and send together with a note with the name of your event to us at Room 811, 8/F, Office Plus @ Prince Edward, 794-802 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Once we receive the donation, we will allocate it to your fundraising tally.
My workplace has a ‘Matched Giving’ program. What do I need to do?
Many companies support their employees' charitable efforts through their matched giving program. A company may offer to donate an amount equal to what you have raised or make an one off donation.
Speak to your HR or CSR representative to discuss what information they require, to match your fundraising for The Fred Hollows Foundation.
Contact us on +852 3614 6240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or assistance.